Return to Board Home
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in    Back to main MP3 page  

Date when Moshiach comes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rabbisitorsky.com Forum Index -> Discussion board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geulah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Date when Moshiach comes Reply with quote

Is next year possibly the year of the Geulah (5769)?

Some interesting points:

1 - From the sefer “Meir Einei Chachamim”, written in 1925 from the teachings of the Ostrovster Rebbe :

From the time of Creation, there are only three times that Kiddush HaChamah will fall on Erev Pesach. One, the year the Jews left Egypt. The second time was in the year the Jews were redeemed from Sushan in the time of Mordechai and Esther. The third time Kiddush HaChamah occuring on Erev Pesach will be next year (5769).

2 - The GRA writes in his sefer Safra D'Tzinusa

" ..... one year during which redemption can come, and that is the year after the Shmittah year (this year - 5768), for that is when the Chesed is revealed in the "mouth" of Yesod, and that is when Moshiach comes ."

Two very interesting thoughts by Torah giants seem to leave the window open for next year. Hopefully I can say I'm wrong and that it occurs this year. Having seen the past 60 years of the ingathering of Yidden back to Eretz Yisroel. The fulfilment of the return of BT generation to Judaism. It just seems like something is in the works.
Geulah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoken to a big Rav regarding the statement made by the Ostrovster Rebbe and he feels that his statement was made to provide a great hint of the nature of the year in which the third bracha is made Erev Pesach. The reason explained to me was that past years can be calculated, and they will show that it doesnt work out. The Ostrovster Rebbe was linking the Exodus and the time of Purim, two periods or redemption, to this upcoming year.

Next year clearly looks like a huge window is opening as the Gemara says Moshiach will come in the year following the Shmitta Year. With all that is occurring in the world it looks like events are being setup quite nicely, hopefully the prophecies for good and peace will be fulfilled very soon. This year is our time of prepartion especially in Eretz Yisroel the year of Shmittah, 5768 equals the gematria of the passuk Bamidbar 10:29

"And Moses said to his father-in-law Hovev, the son of Reuel the Midianite, We are journeying to the place of which Hashem said, I will give it you: come with us, and we will be good for you: for Hashem has promised good things concerning Israel." ( I believe this is the last year where the nations of the world will be able to decide where they stand concerning the Jewish people (in a spiritual sense), are they with us or against us. Probably the issue that will be the marker is how they react towards the attempt to divide Jerusalem. Will they stand with us to insure that it remains one Holy "whole" city, or will they be silent and indifferent or worse, turn their backs. ")

Interesting enough, the year following next 5770 (for all my Lubavitch friends, maybe I wont be able to argue with you anymore) has a very neat gematria, 770. 770, is the numerical equivalent of House of the Moshiach. Hopefully, we are on schedule to see his revelation in 5769 and then with the building of the Temple, Moshiach's home, in 5770.

Hoping it comes sooner.
Chasmal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: this year = haeben shetiyah Reply with quote

5768=ha=eben shetiyah
the last two words of torah verse 5767=stone of salvation
this year the true stone = secured in the scepter/mateh of Aaron is now being revealed/the stars are speaking(study Zohar vayechi)
http://seventytwonames.blogspot.com
Geulah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read elsewhere that 5769 is also the Yovel year according to some calculations.

Interesting that the Gemara says that Moshiach will come after the shmitta year. It even explains that the year prior there will be a lot of whispers. If ever there was an eye brow raising shmitta cycle, it is this one. It started Sept 2001, made famous by 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan and Iraq.

(The "whispers", I have never heard the word Messiah thrown so often in radio. It is used in a negative fashion to portray Obama as the Saviour or Messiah because in the eye of the media he can do no wrong. But its strange how freely I have noticed it to being used in TV and Radio by various personalities. Its as if its the word of the time. Funny, I am even hearing the term thrown around Moshiach)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    rabbisitorsky.com Forum Index -> Discussion board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: